Vector Terra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After a devastating loss in technology, mankind has been able to recover and travel beyond Earth, and into the stars. But what awaits them in the deepest reaches of space?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Act 1: A Coronation to Die For

Go down 
+6
oh Dae-su
Knute Redclaw
Zero
Chu'nak
KhurQuinn
The General
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Name: The General
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 pm

The member 'ryltar' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 7
Back to top Go down
https://vector-terra.rpg-board.net
Zero

Zero

Character sheet
Name: Zero Spacejunk
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue573/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (573/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18/27Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/27)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 pm

ooc before I pose, what does oh-dae-su look like? For his part, Zero has dark brown spiky hair, a tiny black goatee (grandma was a gnome), tan skin, stained blue pants, tight steel-gray sleeveless shirt with a metallic sheen, an oversized brown leather jacket that serves as his armor and heavy mechanized bracelets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.toonbat.deviantart.com
Chu'nak

Chu'nak

Character sheet
Name: Chu'nak
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue573/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (573/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue33/33Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (33/33)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Chu'nak sees the wedding announcement on the screen, and his heart falls. Mey'luk.....

He turns his face away from the bulletin, and goes to find food.

Streetwise roll to find a bar/restaurant/etc that might have something tasty for a bug.

+0
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1000000/1000000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000000/1000000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:08 pm

The member 'Chu'nak' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 13
Back to top Go down
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Name: KhurQuinn
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue623/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (623/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

KhurQuinn surveyed the bulletin board. The language translation algorithms in his mask working hard to translate the 'common' speech to Zem. The alchemist had only learned one other language besides his own and that was the 'Deep Speech' language of the Illithid, the primary language of most of his alchemical texts.

Hrm. It appears to be a joining ritual between the local government officials. This could be an excellent chance to not only represent the Zem at an important function, but also to study these creatures. Maybe he could even get permission from these joined officials to study them in depth. Indeed, the logical choice would be to make an appearance.

What would be the appropriate behavior at such a function, he wondered. In Zem culture there were no joinings. There was hardly ever any romantic interest in each other. Their bodies had degraded to the point that most Zem did not find each other physically attractive. With the exception of the Matrons and a few select individuals who could afford the complex rituals that keep the body sustained in a lifelike condition. These thoughts steeled KhurQuinn's resolve once more. He had been fifty years old when the disease hit. Old enough to have enjoyed many lovers. Old enough to remember what he could no longer have.

Shaking his head, he let such dark thoughts go. A joining was a happy ritual, as he recalled. Regardless of his own culture's lack of protocol, he should at least wish the new couple a fruitful relationship. That seemed appropriate. Most joinings were in hope of off-spring, correct?

Looking around, he spots a female who seems particularly excited about the news. He approaches her and bows his head in greeting.

"Excuse me. This joining ritual. When will it be taking place?" His voice seems harsh and metallic compared to these other races.
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

The female, a young human with long brown hair and dressed rather formally in an elegant blue gown, turned to the Zem. She was taken by surprise by this newcomer at first, but upon realizing Khur'Quinn wasn't trying to gnaw her face off, she seemed to relax. "Oh, the wedding? It will be taking place officially as of three o'clock. It's being held at the Watcher's Center, where many of our big events are held!", she said with a smile, then an inquisitive look. "Um... are you coming from a costume party or something, mister? "
Back to top Go down
ryltar

ryltar

Character sheet
Name: Ryltar
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue523/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (523/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue24/24Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 pm

Ryltar reads the message about the Wedding/Coronation. "Aww ain't that cute" He thinks sarcasticly. Then an idea came to him "I should go. Maybe the in-laws or an old lover would pay for my services" With that he chuckles and takes another swig of the nasty stuff
Back to top Go down
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue623/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (623/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30/30Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 am

The alchemist is rather taken aback. "A 'costume party'? Costume... costume. Ah! A disguise. I apologize. My translation module is still adjusting to this 'common' language. No. I am not in costume. I assume you are referring to my mask. To explain would require far too much time and I'm not sure if you would understand." He pauses for a moment in consideration. "Although perhaps that would be an excellent experiment in your species intellect and reasoning skills. Shall I begin the explanation?"
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 12:34 am

"Uuhh...", was all the human female could say at first, taken by surprise by Khur'Quinn's question. "I... suppose it couldn't hurt to try.", she said, flashing him a friendly, though unsure-looking smile.

Last edited by The General on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ryltar

ryltar

Character sheet
Name: Ryltar
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue523/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (523/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue24/24Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (24/24)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 am

Ryltar looks up at the time index on the wall and seeing that the time was getting short. He flips a gold piece on the table and walks out the door. Seeing the crowd in the hallway Ryltar almost turned around and headed back in the bar. The deciding factor though was the fact that his gold pouch was almlost emty and he needd another paying job.

He hated walking through crowds though. Everyone bumping into him touching him made his skin crawl. Not to mention the cut purses and rouges that roam around in places like this.
Back to top Go down
Zero

Zero

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18/27Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/27)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 am

ooc Now, now. Rogues are a valuable part of the economy, keeping otherwise stagnant assets in circulation!
Back to top Go down
Zero

Zero

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 2:15 am

Zero struggles to keep his composure and stay calm when he spots the newcomer approach him. Damn. What did I do now? I don't think I've killed anybody in this sector yet, and he doesn't look like a cuckolded hubbie. "Hullo. Looking for someone?" he asks amicably.
Back to top Go down
o-ren ishida

o-ren ishida

Character sheet
Name: o-ren ishida
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue525/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (525/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue29/29Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (29/29)

PostSubject: act 1 : a coronation to Die for    Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:58 pm

it was like an odd dream, i could'nt believe i was on an actual spaceship. flying across the stars as i make my voyage to the other world, to a place called "watcher's nest" i shut my eyes tightly, i'd be lying if i said i was'nt a little frightened, i'd never left my world before, but its what had to be done if i want any hope for redemption, the evil chuckle from the spirit echoed through my head, he clearly has his own agenda in all this, no matter, whatever it may be, i swore that i'd vanquish him from my body, and i have every intention to keep that promise. for reina, for all the other fallen itako! "watcher's nest" i slowly levitated downward, judging from the surrounding gasps, i'd say i drew some unwanted attention to myself, "how troublesome," i mumbled aloud.
as soon as i stepped out of the spaceship,, i could still feel some frightened eyes inspecting me, but a lot of the attention was stolen by a group of people packed together, their voices overlapping eachother, i approached the crowd, and tugged on a much taller man's shirt, in order to get his attention, "excuse me, but what is it that has everyone's attention?" she asked, she always hated asking people for help, but, she was blind, afterall.
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:03 pm

O-Ren had tugged on the sleeve of a rather large, red draconian, decked out in combat armor. "Hm?", was all he said, turning to the shorter female. "You don't see the bulletin board here? What are ya, blind?" Upon seeing her eyes, he winced a bit. "Er... a-anyway, yeah, there's a bulletin board here, see? A lot of people seem interested in this big wedding that's taking place today. It's open to the public and all, lots of good food and music. Personally, I really don't care, I'm jus' here for the battle arena!" He uttered a laugh, some people giving him weird looks before turning away. The draconian then cleared his throat. "So, uh... are you lost or somethin'?"
Back to top Go down
o-ren ishida

o-ren ishida

Character sheet
Name: o-ren ishida
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue525/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (525/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue29/29Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (29/29)

PostSubject: act 1 : a coronation to Die for    Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 pm

" i'm not lost, i was merely curious, that is all." while i find his courtisy flattering, my foolish pride simply won't have it! i thought to myself. "a battle arena, eh? sounds interesting, i say we go." hissed the hideous voice of the spirit, "and i started listening to you when?" i replyed, i did'nt not knowing i had said that out loud, being unable to see, i did'nt realize the bewildered expression on the man's(draconian's) face."think about it, o-ren, it could help you in your journey,not only that, it will give you a chance to learn of these people's culture." what is that beast up to? o-ren thought, even though they shared a body, that hardly meant they shared the same mind. although, o-ren hated to admit, but he had a point, this battle arena could be useful to her......
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:00 pm

The draconian looked to her, confused. "Uh... who are you talking to?", was all he said before scooting away.
Back to top Go down
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:45 am

KhurQuinn grinned behind his mask.

"Oh it's quite simple, even for your un-educated mind. You see, the mask is a sophisticated technology that houses a myriad of programs and enchantments designed to ease our every day existence. For example, my mask has a simple translation algorithm that is keyed into your 'common' tongue so as to allow me to communicate with a wide variety of species and sentients. A more common element among the Zem funeral masks is the enchantments that protect our mind from the ravages of our extended presence in time. This has a particularly interesting side effect of protecting our mind from outside sources as well, though not one hundred percent. Originally the masks were used as a burial rite for the deceased but due to our 'unique' condition, we have re-purposed them to suit our needs. Each mask is unique with different decorations denoting different aspects of our families, our professions, and our personalities. Now, I have been particularly verbose in an effort to record your reaction to my advanced articulation as well as your reaction to a relatively un-interesting subject for a sentient of non-Zem descent. Could you tell me how this makes you feel?"
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:26 am

THe woman blinks, seeming rather overwhelmed. "Well, that's... quite a mouthful. But I can tell you're pretty smart! but, uh... what's a zem? Is that what species you are? Can't say I've ever heard of you..." she stated, tilting his head in thought. "... wait, funeral masks? So, are you an undertaker or something?"
Back to top Go down
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:50 am

"Subject appears to ignore most information in favor of asking inane questions. Possibly an attention problem? Will study more specimens for more answers." He turns his attention back to the woman. "Yes. I am a Zem. My species has a finite number and we protect ourselves by limiting our contact outside of our world. No, I am not an 'undertaker'. If you had paid closer attention, then you would have understood that all of my people wear these masks as a form of protection. What is the current local time?"
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:21 pm

She glanced down at her watch. "It's 2:32 pm. Planning on going to that wedding today?" she asked with a smile.
Back to top Go down
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:36 pm

"Yes, I am." And, remembering his manners. "I wish you luck in your spawning, human." And walked away toward the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

She smiled and waved. "Have a nice day, sir!" After a moment, her face turned beet red."Wait... did he say spawning...!?"
Back to top Go down
Elaysin Valmeer

Character sheet
Name: Elaysin Valmeer
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue373/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (373/1000)
Hit Points:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue31/31Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/31)

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 pm

From red lisp escape a sigh, and with pale gold eyes that were full to the brim with wisdom beyond her years, stood the being. Thin like a willow sapling and lookign as fragile as a fabrige egg, did Elaysin Valmeer stand proudly. Her silver platinum hair was up, with her gentle face framed by her wild bangs. The Celestial had finally made it to "Watcher's Nest". She msiled nonetheless, in spite of her overpowering contempt. There seemed no other taller than she, who stood at six feet even. Sword at her side and a pack on her back, the woman made her way through the crowd, weaving back and forth to the square. All sorts of shops lined the streets, and Elaysin not only reveled in the differences that made this place beautfiul, but cringed in disgust at it. It would take time to undo the past damage, but she made progress. She waved to many, until she saw... the screens, floating in midair! One seemed to be hovering lower, and people crowded closer to it, to view its contents. Being tall, the Celestial only needed to push through a little bit to see. Her ears heard the buzz of conversatin, and the woman tugged the point a little, as she always did when she was irritated.

"A wedding? The couple must be...' Elaysin gasped as she saw what was wirtten. This couple was to be king and queen! Excitement died within her though, as she thought. Why did they need a kign and queen? She wondered, and tapped her chin. Perhaps she'd get answers if she went. The screen did say it was open to all. And she was starving as well, there had to be good food there! Maybe even a tournament or two. "Excuse me, excuse me-!" she said to the people who nudged near her, gripping the bridge of her nose in exasperation. "Can someone give me the time?" she asked, looking a little hopeless in the golden eyes.
Back to top Go down
The General
Admin
The General

Character sheet
Experience:
Hit Points:

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm

A daervan, much shorter than her, overheard her plea. "Ey, lass, calm down nah! Iff'n ya want the time, all you gotta do is ask!" he said with a laugh. He seemed quite jolly and very friendly. He pulled out a rather old, silver pocket watch. "An'ta answer yer question, it's 2:33 pm! Does that help, lass?"
Back to top Go down
lilith

lilith

Character sheet
Name: lilith
Experience:
Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue648/1000Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (648/1000)
Hit Points:

PostSubject: act 1 : a coronation to Die for    Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 pm

lilith arrived on a late ship to the spacestation known as "watcher's nest" in hopes of completeing her task. when she walked around, the green-haired forest spirit noticed a large group of people crowding around a large moniter, as i approached it, i accidently bumped into a dark-haired woman clad in a white kimono,"oh, i'm sorry!" i shouted, while waving my hands in the air franticly, i grabbed the slender arm of the pale woman so she would'nt fall over, "are you alr-" i stopped short when i saw her eyes, she was blind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: A Coronation to Die For   Act 1: A Coronation to Die For - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Act 1: A Coronation to Die For
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vector Terra :: CAMPAIGN :: Chapter 1: Night of a Million Zillion Ninjas-
Jump to: