Vector Terra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After a devastating loss in technology, mankind has been able to recover and travel beyond Earth, and into the stars. But what awaits them in the deepest reaches of space?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KhurQuinn

KhurQuinn

Character sheet
Name: KhurQuinn
Experience:
Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. Left_bar_bleue623/1000Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. Empty_bar_bleue  (623/1000)
Hit Points:
Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. Left_bar_bleue30/30Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. Empty_bar_bleue  (30/30)

Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. Empty
PostSubject: Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting.   Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:57 pm

I know you guys are new to this and I'm NOT trying to sound like a dick. I just want to give you guys some helpful pointers to make everything go smoother. The General is free to delete this if he feels it's too... dickish. Razz

Tip #1: Spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.

I'm not the best writer in the world. I don't expect you to be either. But correct(ish) spelling and sentence structure makes everything read easier. Using punctuation is a must and proper capitalization is appreciated. If your character is speaking then be sure to place the quotation marks (these guys >"") at the beginning of their speech and at the end. Here's an example:

"Holy crap! Did you see how amazing that attack was?" Dude exclaimed. "That was awesome!"

When you have multiple people speaking it helps to break up their speech into different paragraphs with a simple press of the 'enter' key. Example:

"I did see that! It really was cool." Guy said.

"Amazing!" Dude replied.

Guy nodded his head. "I can't believe it."

Firefox has a built in spellchecker if you have difficulty with spelling.

Tip #2: Telling the story.

When posting a reply, try to imagine you are telling a story along with everyone else. Like you're writing a book with other people. When posting, consider the flow of the conversation. It doesn't make sense to have your character repeat everything that was just said. Nor do you have to re-describe everyone after they've already stated what they look like. An in-character comment about their dress or mannerism would certainly be appropriate, however. Keep in mind that these are other people's characters. Try not to post for them or write them doing something their player wouldn't have them do.

That's about all I have for now. I'll probably think of more, provided this stays up.
Back to top Go down

Helpful tips for those who are new to RP posting.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vector Terra :: SOCIAL NETWORK :: Howard's Diner-
Jump to: